Nightmare Mode: A Boss Fight Books Anthology
Release Date: October 26, 2021
Fomat: eBook only
So you've managed to best our most fearsome books? Well gear up, brave adventurer: It's time for some DLC. Boss Fight’s authors have done so much great writing you won’t find in their books, so we decided to put together our very own B-sides & rarities compilation: Nightmare Mode.
In this anthology you’ll delve into lost chapters and timely essays in which Boss Fight authors return to the games and series that inspired their full-length titles. Inside you’ll encounter:
- David L. Craddock on how Shovel Knight's developers collaborated with speedrunners,
- Alexa Ray Corriea on the characters and themes in Kingdom Hearts III,
- Alyse Knorr on how Princess Peach’s story draws on 2000 years of women in peril,
- Alex Kane interviews the man behind Star Wars Battlefront II's use of motion capture technology,
- Salvatore Pane on the fan projects that have kept the Mega Man series alive,
- Philip J Reed interviews S.D. Perry about her beloved Resident Evil novels,
- Gabe Durham on how Zelda's fandom influenced the official Zelda timeline,
- Jon Irwin savors the anticipation of waiting for a new Mario game,
- Chris Kohler interviews Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu about his legendary soundtracks,
- and Michael P. Williams on how Chrono Trigger fits into the Japanese tradition of retrofuturism.
If you’ve read these authors’ Boss Fight Books, Nightmare Mode offers you a fresh angle on a familiar topic. And if you’re just encountering their writing for the first time and you like what they have to say, we’ve got whole new books awaiting you.
Share this item: